On Saturday, September 29, a very exciting and educational event is taking place at the Livingston Manor Central School from 9 am to 3 pm. Mr. Peter Chiavaro, a resident of
Livingston Manor, together with many other members of the New York State Falconry Association will be on hand to display their raptors – including falcons, hawks, owls and possibly some eagles at this spectacular event. School grounds will be hosting these magnificent birds of prey under a large tent. The ball field will be used for the raptors’ flight demonstrations. The gym will be utilized for lectures and displays of different types of raptors. Falconers will be on hand to answer questions while demonstrations are taking place and the raptors are displayed on their gauntlets. It is the mission of the Falconry Association to promote scientific study of the raptorial species, their care, welfare and training; Admission is $3.
Proceeds will be donated to the needy families of the Livingston Manor Central School District. The event is sponsored by the Livingston Manor Chamber of Commerce. Businesses will be open to support this community-wide, educational event. For more information, contact Chamber President David Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter Chiavaro with the Falconer’s Association at email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook
- Manor Gearing Up for Tenth Annual Trout Parade
- CAS Seeks Art and Art Enthusiasts for SHHH! Silent Auction Benefit
- Quilts Celebrating Nature Closing with Trunk Show
- Spring 2013 Passport to Main Street Livingston Manor
- Audubon and Friends 2, too!
- Livingston Manor Renaissance Bus Trip to the New York Botanical Garden Orchid Show
- Computer Skills Workshops at the LM Library
- Trout Season Ahead: Celebrity Cast for First Cast
- TEDx in the Manor, Feb. 16: The Way We Eat
- New Director Named for CAS
- Demetrius Smaldone on Camping & Picnicking
- Andrea Newman-Fisher on Houses of Worship, Temples
- Collette Ellsworth on Heart of the Manor
- Liz Brown on Rare Casting Simulator Acquired by Fly Fishing Museum
- james karpowicz on LM, Get Your Visioning On