2016 Visitor’s Guide

vg2016_cover_webWelcome!

The Visitor’s Guide
101 Reasons to Visit!
New Roscoe-Manor Guide Available

JANUARY 23, 2016 – The 2016 edition of the Roscoe-Livingston Manor Visitor’s Guide has arrived. The 60-page guide explores 101 reasons to visit the area – ranging from great local craft brews to shopping to outdoor activities and sumptuous food. Copies of the Guide can be picked up at local inns, shops and restaurants and are now going to sporting and tourism shows throughout the region.

The Guide is produced by Carolyn Bivins of Willowemoc in conjunction with the Chambers of Commerce of Livingston Manor and Roscoe and is a celebration of the area from the visitor’s point of view.

As always, the Guide is a source for local history and resources and is known for the popular 4-page fishing map of the Beaverkill and Willowemoc. The digital version can be found at roscoeny.com and livingstonmanor.org.

Livingston Manor, NY, is a vibrant and historic Catskills town set alongside the Willowemoc river at the southeast edge of the 300,000-acre Catskill Park. Located 100 miles north of New York City, “the Manor” a perfect combination of easy outdoor access plus small town charm and hospitality. Page through our latest Visitor’s Guide for a taste of the Livingston Manor area, birthplace of American fly fishing and gateway to the Catskill Mountains.

18 Responses to 2016 Visitor’s Guide

1. Hi,
    Glad I found this website downloaded your guide to my computer. Hope to visit someday. I have been researching my roots that my ancestors the Livingstons’ two of them signed the Declaration of Independence and lived in New York. Being a descendant hope to trace my heritage.

2. I am looking for my grandmother’s family and came across the name of the town of Livingston Manor. I believe the family’s name was Minor or some variation thereof. My grandmother’s name was Mildred, and she had a number of sisters and brothers. The ones I know of were Elizabeth and Muriel and possibly Wilbur. Can anybody please help me? I believe my grandmother was born around 1890 or so and subsequently married a man whose last name was Miller and then remarried later, to a Mahlon Hulbert, a general store owner in Hamden, NY. I would be so grateful to find out this information.

3. Pingback: More Country Cabin than Mobile Home in Livingston Manor, $55,000 - Upstater

4. Pingback: a weekend in the catskills | Spices and Spatulas

5. collette Ellsworth says:

interesting, my family was given the partner desk from the Livingston Manor House Museum as a gift to say thanks for all of the years the Ellsworth family caretook the property. We had it shipped to California when OPA Ellsworth passed away – but unfortunately, it was taken down in our home fire and no longer in any shape to be restored. Any other info. email me at the above address. – Collette Ellsworth

6. Pingback: The Arnold House in Livingston Manor, NY - ESCAPE BROOKLYN

7. Rebecca says:

I got this site from my pal who informed me concerning this website and now this time I am
    visiting this site and reading very informative posts here.

8. rick hall says:

I was on line the other day about Livingston Manor info. and came across a picture
    of Bicentenial coins that had a picture of the covered bridge on one side
    Are there any shutch coins available yet ?
    P.S. My father inlaw John Herold grew up in Lew Beach he died 1/3/10
    That’s my reason for surfing livingston manor

• moderator says:

Hello Rick – Not that we know of, but perhaps another user of this site will know more. Meanwhile, glad to have you as a surfer.

9. Ian Crewe says:

Trying to locate my old pen friend from 40 odd years ago. Earl Tuttle, Livingstone Manor NY. Any help would be good. Thank you.

Ian Crewe
    England

10. Darlene Price says:

Hello,

We saw the THR article about the Beaverkill today. My husband said that when he was a boy in the late 30’s, his family went to this area to camp at a CCC campsite. Does that ring a bell to anyone? Is there still a campsite in this vacinity? We’d be interested to know. He said they would go to church in Lingston Manor.

Thank you.

Darlene and Jack Price

11. Thomas Anspaugh says:

I am trying to find information about the Palatines who arrived in Livingston Manor in 1710 and worked in the Tar Industry under Gov. Robert Hunter as “servants of the crown” producing resin or pitch used by the British Navy for ship building. I would like to visit the area insearch of information about my ancestry who were German but came over from England as Immigrants. The name of my ancestor was Johan Balthasar Anspach. Any help would be greatly appreciated for the planning of a trip this year. I live in Rockford, Il.

• Jodie says:

You are looking at the wrong Livingston Manor – you want the former area up around Albany.

• Chuckie says:

I know the Anspach family history quite a bit. There is some information in a book called “Upstate History” by Phil Longo. The family ran a Gambling House and one of the largest prostitution rings in the north east around the 1800’s. After some a few nomadic bandits robbed the house and burned it down. It is now the local post office. If you look behind the building there is a tombstone that states, ” Here lies the WHORE MASTER”

12. evan barnett says:

I am a writer trying to find information about a famous livingston manner resort in the fifties and sixties. It was called Shustons and was a complete resort for mostly jewish families with a summer day camp. Does anyone have any information about its existance? thank you . evan Barnett

• moderator says:

Hi Evan
      We have passed your inquiry on to someone who may know. I hope you will hear from Mia soon.
      Thank you for your interest.