- Mondays: Manor Ink meeting, every Tuesday at 3 p.m. at the Livingston Manor Library, 92 Main Street, a student/young adult-run newspaper where young people help produce the news and add creative content. Manor Ink (manorink.com) seeks writers, reviewers, photographers, columnists, videographers and artists (ages 12-21.) Hosted at the Livingston Manor Free Library. 845-439-5440 or email@example.com.
- Saturday, January 17: “Flux,” an exhibition of photography and installation art opens at the CAS Arts Center, 48 Main Street with an Artist Talk at 2:00 pm, and a reception from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. There is no cost to attend and all are welcome. The exhibition features the work of Claire Breidenbach, Christopher Manning and Cathleen Parra and runs through Sunday, February 15. 845-436-4227
- Friday, January 23 to Sunday, January 25: 56th Annual Livingston Manor Rotary Ice Carnival. Events include the Ice Carnival Dance on Friday, a snow sculpture contest Saturday at Rotary Park on Pleasant Street and then skating exhibitions, races for all ages and horse drawn sleigh rides on Sunday, weather permitting. Please visit the Ice Carnival’s Facebook page for more information and a complete schedule of events.
- Saturday, January 24, 7:00 pm: The Series Finale of Memoirs, the Yarnslingers’ year-long storytelling collaboration, at The Laundry King, 65 Main Street. Join Jonathan Fox, Ramona Jan and the rest of the storytellers as they share new pieces of their biographies. From the surprising and awe-inspiring to the charmingly everyday, the tales of this diverse group reveal their individual idiosyncrasies, while uniting us in their common experiences. Presented by the Catskill Art Society. 845-436-4227
- Saturday, February 7, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm: 10th Annual Flyfest at the Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum, 1031 Old Route 17. A casual day of fly tying in comfort. Bring your tying gear and sit down. Don’t tie? Come anyway and take a look at some great flies and tyers. 845-439-4810
- Sunday, March 29, 7:00 am to Noon: Livingston Manor Fire Dept. Annual Palm Sunday Pancake Breakfast at the Fire House, 52 Main Street. Free will offering.
- April 1: Trout Season Opens in New York State.
- April 10: Spring Penny Social, St. Aloysius Church Hall, Church Street. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. 845-439-5625
- April 12: Babies in the Barn, 12:00 to 3:00 pm at Apple Pond Farm, 80 Hahn Road. 845-482-4764
- Sunday, May 10, 9:00 am: Livingston Manor Fire Dept. Ladies Aux. Bake Sale and Raffle at the Livingston Manor Post Office, 23 Main Street
- Saturday, MAY 16, All Day Event: Garden Day. Invitation to all Master Gardeners, Livingston Manor. Workshops, terrariums, gardening wares. 845-439-3567
- Saturday, May 23, 10:00 am, Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum Annual Meeting. Banquet and Auction at Wolf’s 1910, Tennanah Lake.
- Sunday, May 24: Annual Chicken BBQ at the Lew Beach Fire House, 1524 Beaverkill Road.
- Monday, May 25, 10:00 am: Livingston Manor Memorial Day Parade. Line up at 9:30 am at the Livingston Manor Central School, 19 School Street.
- Saturday, June 13, 1:00 pm: 12th Annual Trout Parade. Local businesses and organizations are known to put on their creative hats and add some witty, wacky twist to their march down Main Street. Professional musicians, puppeteers and dancers add to the festivities. Produced by Catskill Art Society. 845-436-4227
- Friday, June 19 to Saturday, September 12, 10:00 am: FARMING WITH KIDS at Apple Pond Farm, 80 Hahn Road. 845-482-4764.
- Saturday, July 11, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm: Livingston Manor ArtWalk/ChalkWalk. Look for art and craft vendors all along Main Street during this festive annual event – fun for all ages.
- Saturday, August 8, 10:30 am: Bird Walk with Lance Verderame. Meet at Morgan Outdoors, 46 Main Street. Bring binoculars and camera. RSVP 845-439-5507
- Saturday, August 8, 2:00 pm: Artist Talk: Audobon and Friends Too. New exhibition opening at the CAS Arts Center, 48 Main Street, curated by Kate Hyden. Opening Reception from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 8, 4:00 pm: Opening Reception: Aviary. New exhibition opening in the Elevator Gallery at the CAS Arts Center, 48 Main Street, curated by Elizabeth Ennis.
- Saturday, August 8, 4:00 to 8:00 pm: First Annual Catskill Brewery Summer Celebration. Join Mark Ruffalo and The Catskill Brewery, 672 Old Route 17, to celebrate 100% Leadership and support The Solutions Project.
- Saturday, September 5, 7:30 pm: Play Reading. A performance reading of the play “A Tender Thing” by Ben Power, presented by the Catskill Art Society at The Laundry King, 65 Main Street. Space is limited. Advance reservations are recommended: 845-436-4227.
- Sunday, September 6, 10:00 am to 3:00pm: Livingston Manor Labor Day Festival. Activities include a 5K and Fun Runs for kids, live music, a talent show, children’s games and crafts, a colossal book sale, and much more.
We are currently in the process of posting the full 2015 calendar. New events are added weekly. Please check back for the current list.